This webinar aims to describe high intensity interval training (HIIT) as an important training method in endurance sports.
- Acevedo EO, Goldfarb AH (1989) Increased training intensity effects on plasma lactate, ventilatory threshold, and endurance. Med Sci Sports Exerc 21: 563-568.
- Algroy EA, Hetlelid KJ, Seiler S, Stray Pedersen JI (2011) Quantifying training intensity distribution in a group of Norwegian professional soccer players. Int J Sports Physiol Perform 6: 70-81.
- Bangsbo J (1994) The physiology of soccer–with special reference to intense intermittent exercise. Acta Physiol Scand Suppl 619: 1-155.
- Baquet G, Berthoin S, Dupont G, Blondel N, Fabre C, van Praagh E (2002) Effects of high intensity intermittent training on peak VO(2) in prepubertal children. Int J Sports Med 23: 439-444.
- Billat LV (2001) Interval training for performance: a scientific and empirical practice. Special recommendations for middle- and long-distance running. Part I: aerobic interval training. Sports Med 31: 13-31.
- Billat LV (2001) Interval training for performance: a scientific and empirical practice. Special recommendations for middle- and long-distance running. Part II: anaerobic interval training. Sports Med 31: 75-90.
- Billat VL, Demarle A, Slawinski J, Paiva M, Koralsztein JP (2001) Physical and training characteristics of top-class marathon runners. Med Sci Sports Exerc 33: 2089-2097.
- Billat VL, Flechet B, Petit B, Muriaux G, Koralsztein JP (1999) Interval training at VO2max: effects on aerobic performance and overtraining markers. Med Sci Sports Exerc 31: 156-163.
- Billat VL, Slawinski J, Bocquet V, Demarle A, Lafitte L, Chassaing P, Koralsztein JP (2000) Intermittent runs at the velocity associated with maximal oxygen uptake enables subjects to remain at maximal oxygen uptake for a longer time than intense but submaximal runs. Eur J Appl Physiol 81: 188-196.
- Buchheit M, Laursen PB (2013) High-Intensity Interval Training, Solutions to the Programming Puzzle : Part II: Anaerobic Energy, Neuromuscular Load and Practical Applications. Sports Med.
- Buchheit M, Laursen PB (2013) High-intensity interval training, solutions to the programming puzzle: Part I: cardiopulmonary emphasis. Sports Med 43: 313-338.
- Burgomaster KA, Howarth KR, Phillips SM, Rakobowchuk M, Macdonald MJ, McGee SL, Gibala MJ (2008) Similar metabolic adaptations during exercise after low volume sprint interval and traditional endurance training in humans. J Physiol 586: 151-160.
- Costill DL, Flynn MG, Kirwan JP, Houmard JA, Mitchell JB, Thomas R, Park SH (1988) Effects of repeated days of intensified training on muscle glycogen and swimming performance. Med Sci Sports Exerc 20: 249-254.
- Costill DL, Thomas R, Robergs RA, Pascoe D, Lambert C, Barr S, Fink WJ (1991) Adaptations to swimming training: influence of training volume. Med Sci Sports Exerc 23: 371-377.
- Coyle EF (1999) Physiological determinants of endurance exercise performance. J Sci Med Sport 2: 181-189.
- Daussin FN, Ponsot E, Dufour SP, Lonsdorfer-Wolf E, Doutreleau S, Geny B, Piquard F, Richard R (2007) Improvement of VO2max by cardiac output and oxygen extraction adaptation during intermittent versus continuous endurance training. Eur J Appl Physiol 101: 377-383.
- Edge J, Bishop D, Goodman C, Dawson B (2005) Effects of high- and moderate-intensity training on metabolism and repeated sprints. Med Sci Sports Exerc 37: 1975-1982.
- Essen B, Hagenfeldt L, Kaijser L (1977) Utilization of blood-borne and intramuscular substrates during continuous and intermittent exercise in man. J Physiol 265: 489-506.
- Faude O, Meyer T, Scharhag J, Weins F, Urhausen A, Kindermann W (2008) Volume vs. intensity in the training of competitive swimmers. Int J Sports Med 29: 906-912.
- Gibala MJ (2007) High-intensity interval training: a time-efficient strategy for health promotion? Curr Sports Med Rep 6: 211-213.
- Gibala MJ, Little JP, van Essen M, Wilkin GP, Burgomaster KA, Safdar A, Raha S, Tarnopolsky MA (2006) Short-term sprint interval versus traditional endurance training: similar initial adaptations in human skeletal muscle and exercise performance. J Physiol 575: 901-911.
- Helgerud J, Engen LC, Wisloff U, Hoff J (2001) Aerobic endurance training improves soccer performance. Med Sci Sports Exerc 33: 1925-1931.
- Helgerud J, Hoydal K, Wang E, Karlsen T, Berg P, Bjerkaas M, Simonsen T, Helgesen C, Hjorth N, Bach R, Hoff J (2007) Aerobic high-intensity intervals improve VO2max more than moderate training. Med Sci Sports Exerc 39: 665-671.
- Hoff J, Helgerud J (2004) Endurance and strength training for soccer players: physiological considerations. Sports Med 34: 165-180.
- 49. Hoff J, Wisloff U, Engen LC, Kemi OJ, Helgerud J (2002) Soccer specific aerobic endurance training. Br J Sports Med 36: 218-221.
- Hoppeler H, Weibel ER (2000) Structural and functional limits for oxygen supply to muscle. Acta Physiol Scand 168: 445-456.
- Iaia FM, Rampinini E, Bangsbo J (2009) High-intensity training in football. Int J Sports Physiol Perform 4: 291-306.
- Laursen PB (2010) Training for intense exercise performance: high-intensity or high-volume training? Scand J Med Sci Sports 20 1-10.
- Laursen PB (2010) Training for intense exercise performance: high-intensity or high-volume training? Scand J Med Sci Sports 20 Suppl 2: 1-10.
- Laursen PB, Jenkins DG (2002) The scientific basis for high-intensity interval training: optimising training programmes and maximising performance in highly trained endurance athletes. Sports Med 32: 53-73.
- Mujika I, Chatard JC, Busso T, Geyssant A, Barale F, Lacoste L (1995) Effects of training on performance in competitive swimming. Can J Appl Physiol 20: 395-406.
- Seiler KS, Kjerland GO (2006) Quantifying training intensity distribution in elite endurance athletes: is there evidence for an „optimal“ distribution? Scand J Med Sci Sports 16: 49-56.
- Seiler S, Haugen O, Kuffel E (2007) Autonomic recovery after exercise in trained athletes: intensity and duration effects. Med Sci Sports Exerc 39: 1366-1373.
- Sperlich B, De Marees M, Koehler K, Linville J, Holmberg HC, Mester J (2011) Effects of 5 weeks of high-intensity interval training vs. volume training in 14-year-old soccer players. J Strength Cond Res 25: 1271-1278.
- Sperlich B, Haegele M, Thissen A, Mester J, Holmberg HC (2011) Are peak oxygen uptake and power output at maximal lactate steady state obtained from a 3-min all-out cycle test? Int J Sports Med 32: 433-437.
- Sperlich B, Zinner C, Heilemann I, Kjendlie PL, Holmberg HC, Mester J (2010) High-intensity interval training improves VO(2peak), maximal lactate accumulation, time trial and competition performance in 9-11-year-old swimmers. Eur J Appl Physiol 110: 1029-1036.
Referent: Prof. Dr. Billy Sperlich